India’s popular Live TV App JioTV has introduced India’s FIRST interactive sports experience for consumers watching the ongoing tri-nation Nidahas trophy which is being shown exclusively on JioTV in India. With this, JioTV consumers can interact with the game while watching it – A revolution in the Live TV space.
Customers who watch the tri-series can do the following
- Customize their viewing experience by selecting from 5 different camera angles
- Experience audio from stump mic & stadium ambience, giving an immersive feel
- Choose commentary in a language of their choice – Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada
- Get access to leading cricket experts and commentators including Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra and Gaurav Kapoor
- View score and other details on demand, on a single click
- Watch catch-up (past content) in case they have missed a ball or a six
Once again, Jio has put the power of technology in the hands of the consumers, enabling them to challenge status quo. Till date, viewers are fed a single feed with broadcaster controlled video, commentary and score-boarding. With this innovation of digital interactivity, the game-viewing experience will get redefined.
Akash Ambani, Director, Jio, said
Interactivity in sports will transform the way sports is consumed in India. Jio continues to deliver the best and most premium content exclusively to its users through the Jio apps. Additionally, we have challenged status quo and redefined the existing user experience, with the help of technology. Jio will continue to bring a superlative consumer experience in the areas of sports, AR, VR, Immersive viewing and more in the coming days.
JioTV users need to update to the latest version of the app from relevant app store to get this feature. JioTV, which recently won the prestigious Global Mobile [GLOMO] Award 2018 for the ‘Best Mobile Video Content’, has acquired the exclusive India digital rights for the T20 cricket series Nidahas Trophy – a tri-nation T20 competition being played at Colombo from March 6 to 18, 2018 between host Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India. JioTV will provide comprehensive coverage of the triangular series, enabling millions in India to access live and catch-up content on their mobile devices.