1. Firefox Search Plugin :
Firefox search plugin always comes in very handy when you are searching on some of your favourite websites like Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo etc. Just as it is cool & faster to use it for websites, it would be even better to use it for your favourite blogs !!!
You can find the code of ThoughtsPrevail’s Firefox Plugin here.Below is a small snapshot of the source code
- Download ThoughtsPrevail.xml from here.Copy it into “….Mozilla Firefoxsearchplugins” folder [in case of Windows] and into “/home/user-name/.mozilla/firefox/q11f7htt.default/searchplugins/” [in case of UBuntu]
- Restart Firefox and you are done.
2. Thoughtsprevail Toolbar :
Techcrunch toolbar has been quite helpful and it was a nice experience to use the same.Hence, I have used the same FREE service named Conduit to create the ThoughtsPrevail toolbar.Below is a snapshot of the toolbar:
Do let me know, if there are any other ways you can make your blog search/read faster so that I can add the same on ThoughtsPrevail.Now I can definitely expect more people checking out ThoughtsPrevail from their BlackBerry or I-Phone
- Download Greasemetal from here and install it in your system.
- Close Chrome and start Greasemetal [it is not loaded automatically like Greasemonkey] from the Start Menu and you would see a confirmation screen as shown below:
- Open your Blogger account and your Blogger Smileys are on their way !!!
As mentioned on the GMDesk official website:
GMDesk is an application that lets you run Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Maps as a stand-alone application to do all your mail handling, calendar event reading etc with. No need to open it up in a web browser, or have it clutter your workspace.
The best part is being an App, the CPU is free to do the other important work[which is not the case with browsers] but on the downside since it is just an App[and being an AIR app, it is browserless], you may miss the Spell Check functionality of the browser while composing important emails I am quite addicted to this App and am using it to the fullest !!!
To use this App, you need to download the latest version of Adobe AIR from here and you can download GMDesk from here.The creator of GMDesk, Robert Nyman has an interesting article on his Blog as to what made him develop GMDesk.
Though I am nowhere related to Adobe Flex , after checking this App; it seems to have entered my list of Must Learn technology
Many times when we project our service/product, it becomes very important that we convey the PAIN-POINT and how ONLY after using YOUR service/product , it might be solved !!! This would make the other person realize that “If I am not using THIS product, I am missing something”.
In this age of Web 2.0 Marketing, we see lot’s of videos that demonstrate the useage of a product/service, customer interviews etc but how about a small animated movie [based on an all time hit movie] that would handsomely demonstrate everything !!!
If you are a Blogger or someone who wants to get your website/blog reviewed, than either you should keep a track on the replies to question or attempt to answer the question given below:
Below is the question and my attempted answer on LinkedIn.
How do I get my business web site reviewed? How do I get bloggers to blog about my site?
- Know about the your Business as well as the business in which the Blogger is associated with e.g If your business is into Semiconductors, than only consult a blogger who is into that space.A blogger who writes on Web 2.0 would not be a value addition to your marketing strategy but instead may take up your example as a negative one and write on his/her own blog.
- Search for Bloggers on relevant sites like LinkedIn, Ning, Technorati, Digg etc. and send each one a proper and personalized pitch referring from where you came across their profile , why should they write about your business etc. etc. Remember, it is very important to give a personalized touch !!!
- Don’t try to bribe the blogger saying you would get gift A/B/C if you write for them. This would result in a negative publicity in most of the cases. Microsoft is very famous for this one.
- Finally, if you want Bloggers to write about you, than they also want a small mention that “They have written for you” hence, add all the links and email each one personally so that you can expect BETTER words from them in future !!!
- Last but not the least, remember that if you need a Blogger’s help now, you may also need the same in Future, so Try to maintain touch with the Blogger with whom you want to
There would be a plenty of resources available on the Internet but at the end of the day, it depends on execution.
You can find all the answers to this question on LinkedIn here
Check out this amazing video below which is created through Paltalk and I am sure after watching the COMPLETE video, you would also want to include the same on your blog. IMHO, this inner feeling of showing off this video is what makes it so viral !!!
Source of the Viral video : Scott Fox’s Blog
If you have watched the complete video , than let me make it clear “I still reside in India”
Well, I should agree that I could really feel the things during the process of writing this article Though, Qualities and Execution may sometimes seem disjoint , it is only when they get married; a successful business is made !!!!
Successful entrepreneurs set out to improve the lives of their customers.They do not simply set out to make a big pile of money.They are workaholic and love working hard at something that they love doing.
They believe that they will be successful.They expect to be successful.Even when bankrupt, they still believe that one day they will be successful.
Acceptance of responsibility :
Successful entrepreneurs are found to accept responsibility for themselves and not to blame others.
Resolution to pay the price :
Entrepreneurs understand the price that must be paid to achieve their goals, and they resolve to pay the necessary price.
Commitment to success :
Successful entrepreneurs have a 100 percent commitment to becoming successful.They focus and concentrate on their area of excellence.
They are not necessarily clever with words,arithmetic or mechanics.However,they have developed social skills, intelligence and judgement.
The helicopter view :
Entrepreneurs can see the big picture, acticipate trends.They have foresight in that they always look to the future, understanding that the rest of our business lives will be spent in the future.
Leadership skills :
They set goals, have high expectations of themselves & others and listen carefully.They have the ability to draw extraordinary performance from ordinary people.
Excellence in selling :
Entrepreneurs generally are excellent at selling.They focus on benefits to the customer, satisfying customer desires and relieving customer fears.They make excellent presentations and show the product or service in its best light.
Managing time effectively :
They develop the ability to focus on the 20 percent that brings in the 80 percent of success, and delegate the 80 percent to others.
Excellent communications :
Successful entrepreneurs tend to be excellent in private discussions, conducting meetings, giving presentations and submitting reports.
Successful entrepreneurs persist.They understand that it takes time to make it really BIG !!! They are prepared to go the extra mile and do that little bit extra for which they do not get paid.
Money – A startup Killer