Blogs are already being watched by startup companies in India but now the pendulum has swung 360% and now blogs have also become prospective platform for recruitment by recruiters from big corporates as well.For example , check the image below which is taken from the careers section of a startup company in Bangalore
An article which was recently published in the Times Of India, Ascent , gave a clear indication that Blogs would slowly become a key aspect;not only in judging the candidate’s attitude but his(her) willingness to be more innovative & research oriented. Some important excerpts from the TOI Ascent article :
Several HR managers are following “Hiring by the Blog“, a practice that looks to be the newest hiring trend.Though this practice is still in the nascent stage , corporate recruiters are surfing blogs to unearth candidates , expanding their talent pool and gaining insights that they can’t get from resumes and interviews – Sapna Agarwal , Director HR GlobalLogic. Blogs also helps employers probe further into the qualifications of the potential hires. As Sapna mentions : If I am impressed by the points the blogger is making and the way (s)he is making them, the potential hire will jump up a few notches in my opinion.
Recruiters believe that blogs help them to understand the likes and dislikes of the candidate.But IMHO(as a blogger), there are some things that should definitely be considered when employers start hunting for people, who also blog:
- The theme of the blog [personal , business, technology ….].
- Frequency of blogging [How any articles are posted per week/month?].
- Reply to the comments [This would give an impression as to how much the blogger cares for his/her customer(readers)].
- Research done in writing the posts [This can be considered as the one with the least priority].
- The difference between in the personality of the person(as a blogger) and as a potential candidate for a job.
Have your say about “BLOG RECRUITMENT” :