While reading the book “Leadership when the Heat’s on
” , came across some interesting lessons(at the end of each chapter). After reading the one liners(listed below) , I am sure like me; you would also feel that there is always something in each one of us, that requires change; which would help us in achieving our goals
Below are some of the lessons(which are listed in the form of one liners) :
1. The ultimate reward for the leader of people is to be able to say, “I saw someone grow today and, I helped“.
2. Intensity (Goal, Focus, Action) + Enthusiasm (expectancy of better things to come) = Charisma.
3. High Performance is often the result of a sudden change in direction.
4. Accomplishment is your birthright. Limitations are adopted.
5. To achieve great things, know more than the average person considers necessary.
6. An organization quits improving RIGHT after the manager quits improving.
7. Help a team member grow and you will receive respect in return.
8. Team morale and customer service, on a scale of 1-10 receive the same score.
9. Take a mentor to lunch before somebody else eat yours
10. Determination makes failure impossible.
11. Be aware of their weaknesses, but talk to their strengths.
12. An organization will never rise above the quality of it’s leadership.
13. A person out of a place in his/her vocation is only half a person.
14. Deciding not to have a specific goal is a specific goal.
15. If you don’t know what to do on a daily basis to achieve your goal, then it is not a goal- It is a fantasy.
16. Goals are all found upstream.
17. Your team members are no better at planning time than you are.
18. Team member’s morale will never be higher than the leader’s morale…..for long
19. Aim for striking originality, it gets attention.
20. A leader never forgets that creativity is contagious and can build enthusiasm.
21. Conflict overcome is strength gained.
22. “Embrace Change” , it’s saying “Yes“ to Tomorrow and “No” to repeated yesterdays.
23. Some of the world’s greatest achievements were made by those who were self-instructed.
24. Fear has strength of its own , only that which you choose to give it.Ironically, that’s the very strength you need to overcome it.
Good Leader or great leader